3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Denver, Colorado
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” Spring brings out the desire to fling open the windows and scrub everything down to get your house in tip-top shape.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Denver so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to check that your home’s systems are ready for the summer. Here are some things you should inspect every spring in Denver:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to check that it’s ready for summer. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Local HVAC companies may will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Repair the caulking as you go. Install window treatments, including plantation shutters, to enhance the energy efficiency of your windows. Open every window to make sure that they can easily move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house sparkle as well as a good, deep clean. First, declutter all of your rooms to open up the area. Then clean surfaces you don’t clean every week such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine up your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum the areas under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Wipe down your windows and screens to remove smudges and dirt. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After your home is nice and clean, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a whole new look. Or try shopping your house, which means switching out the furniture and accessories you already own between rooms. Bring in more color with paint, colorful accent pillows, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new style, then look through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for every space in your house. Once you’ve picked a color scheme and style for your room, you can add matching accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
Window treatments are a simple thing to update that complements your furnishings and brightens your home. You can choose from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Find More Design Tips
If you want even more ideas for your home, browse through our design tips. And if you see a look and window treatment that you want for your home, call us at 720-538-0182 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our experts will guide you in picking the perfect window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.